INDIAN DIET RECIPES
After trying out Instant Oats Idli , i wanted to explore more Indian version of Oats recipes. I tried out this Oats Upma for a weeknight dinner for myself ,and i liked it too. so after 2 days i made the Oats Upma again for me and my hubby. We both liked it and yesterday when i made the Oats Upma again i clicked the pictures too. This Upma is made in a jiffy and to be more honest , it tasted pretty good . So over to the recipe of Oats Upma:
|OATS(QUICK COOKING OATS)||3/4 CUP|
|WATER||1/4 CUP – 1/2 CUP|
|CARROT(CHOPPED FINELY)||2-3 TBLSP|
|GINGER (GRATED)||1/8 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
|URAD DAL||1/4 TSP|
|LEMON JUICE||3-4 DROPS(OPTIONAL)|
- Dry roast the oats for few minutes without getting it burnt.
- Chop the onions finely and slit the green chilli.
- In a pan, add oil and add the mustard seeds, urad dal, green chilli, ginger and when the mustard splutters and the urad dal changes color add the onions, followed by that add carrots, and curry leaves and asafoetida. Saute well and add salt.
- Once the onions becomes translucent add the roasted Oats and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of water.
- Close the lid and cook for 1- 2 minutes in a low flame. Take out the lid and mix it again, if you feel it is dry just sprinkle 2-3 tblsp of water and mix well. Keep in the flame for few minutes and switch off the flame.
- Add the lemon juice to this and mix well.
- Always serve hot.
- You can add any veggies of your choice. Adding capsicum give a nice flavour to this.
- Always serve this hot .
- Actually i made and clicked it and it took 15 minutes. After that i sprinkled 2-3 tblsp of water and sauted for 2 minutes in a low flame. It turned out moist and soft.
lovely click 🙂 and nice plate !
Good one..will try this recipe soon..years back, I had tried something similar with rolled oats…was kind of ok..
Delicious n healthy…
Event: Dish name starts with Q till Feb 28th
nice clicks:)delicious and have this at anytime:)
wow, i have just wrote down this recipe, im trying this so healthy
I love it to have hot for breakfast or dinner too, lovely clicks…
healthy and filling breakfast…a nice alternate to the regular porridge
looks yummy n healthy too…
healthy flavorful upma…
I love and prepare it often without veggies.btw you used quick cooking one?
Sorry for the delayed reply uma, I used the qucik cooking one.
Mouthwatering & too very tempting!!!!!!
I prefer savoury preparation of Oats to sweet ones.. this looks very tasty…
A healthy and mouthwatering Upma,nice clicks as always..
Love it Hot, Hot Hot!!!
delicious clicks dear…i use to make this upma once a week for my hus breakfast as it is quick n healthy….
healthy upma.. I do this most of the weekends
very delicious and healthy upma…looks nice
Healthy and yummy breakfast..
Coincidentally my daughter made this today. And sent me the recipe. And your step by step instructions are of great help. Think I shall try it tomorrow.
Healthy & delicious breakfast recipe!!!!
Delicious!!! just tried.. came out well.. yummy..thank you for sharing
CaN the oats be ground to coarse powder like the regular upma, so tht it is a texture suitable for kids? Have you tried it that way?
I haven't tried that, but i feel it may be soggy, but you can give it a try
Jeyasri, I tried this recipe today and it has turned out lovely! Many thanks!!!
very useful really good information thanks for posting such a good information it will hepls the people a lot keep it up , Regards, upma recipe
I make it soupy and add a teaspoon of coconut milk at the end.Also add some methi seeds when tempering.It's super Yum.