Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 2
Parangikkai | Yellow Pumpkin 1 cup (cubed)
Coconut 2 tblsp
Green Chili 1 (small)
Sugar 2 tsp
Rice flour 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Coconut oil 1 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- In a pan add the cubed pumpkin and add half cup of water. Add little salt and cook the pumpkins till soft. This will cook very fast, so ensure not to make it mashed.
- Meanwhile grind the coconut, green chili, sugar and rice flour into a fine paste adding little water.
- Add this ground paste to the cooked pumpkin. Keep the flame low . Since rice flour is added it will thicken the gravy. Cook for 2 minutes till the raw smell of the rice flour goes.
- Temper with mustard seeds in coconut oil.
- Paal Kootu is ready to serve. This serves best with vathakuzhambhu.