Paal Payasam | Milk Kheer
is a traditional sweet made during weddings and also prepared when we invite guests to our home. We also make this during janmasthami too. This is my First post in the website. Check out my
PREPARATION TIME:5 MINUTES |COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES|SERVES:3-4
||4 TO 5 TBSP(adjust acc to your taste)
||FEW STRANDS(for garnishing)
- In a pan add a drop of ghee and roast the basmati rice till it emits a nice aroma.
- When it is cool, pulse it once in a mixer.
- Take a heavy-bottomed pan or a pressure cooker. Pour milk into it. Add the pulsed basmati rice to it. Put a clean spoon into it, this helps in avoiding the milk leaking out and getting burnt in the bottom.
- Cover the pressure pan/cooker with the lid and keep the flame in medium. After 5 min put the weight, and when the cooker gives one sound keep the flame in low.
- Let it be in simmer for half an hour. After that, switch off the gas stove and when the pressure comes down add sugar and garnish with saffron.
- If using a heavy-bottomed nonstick pan, just keep the flame in medium-low and let it boil till it becomes 3/4 th of the volume.
- This payasam tastes nice when it is hot and serve chilled also.
- Enjoy it according to your preference.
- Condensed milk can also be added to the milk if you want.
- If adding add 4-5 tblsp of condensed milk for 1 litre of milk.
- Basmati rice can be replaced with sona masoori rice | jeeraga samba rice too.