Paneer fried rice in Indian style is a super hit recipe in my house and i often pack this for kids lunch box. So i never happened to click this paneer fried rice in morning hurry . Yesterday i made this in the afternoon as kids took pasta for lunch box.. I had paneer fried rice for lunch and kids had this after they are back from school. This is a simple and easy recipe and never fail to please your guests too.
- The main key is to cook the rice perfectly into separate grains. Refer my post on how to cook basmati rice.
- Cut the veggies according to your preference.
- Soak the paneer cubes in hot water.
- In a pan add oil and saute the paneer cubes till golden brown. This step is optional.
- Keep it aside.
- In the same pan add finely chopped garlic,slit chili, sugar and spring onion whites.
- Add the veggies. Adding veggies is truly optional. Cook the veggies on high flame for 2 minutes. Let it be crunchy. Add salt.
- Add the paneer cubes.
- Add the cooked rice and mix gently. Add the pepper powder. I added white pepper powder.
- Mix gently without breaking the rice. Add the spring onion greens.
- Fried rice is ready to serve.
- Always ensure that the rice is cooked in separate grains.
- Adding veggies is truly your choice.
- Frying paneer is always in optional.
- You can scramble the paneer like how we make for bhurji and add it to the fried rice.