Check out my sukku milagu kuzhambu.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Tamarind extract 2 cups (from a small lemon sized tamarind)
Toor dal 1 tblsp
Pepper 1 tsp
Curry leaves few
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Sesame oil 1 tblsp + 2 tsp
Garlic 15-20 cloves
Salt as needed
Video on how to make milagu kuzhambu
- Soak a small lemon sized tamarind in hot water and extract the pulp using 2 cups of water.
- Peel the skin of the garlic(if using) and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add a 1 tsp oil and add the toor dal and pepper.
- Saute till the dal turns golden brown.
- Allow it to cool.
- Grind in the mixie by adding some curry leaves to it.
- Grind it into a smooth paste by adding a little water to it.
- In the pan, add the sesame oil and add the mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add the garlic(if using) and saute for few minutes.
- Cook in a low flame till the garlic turns golden brown.
- Now add the tamarind extract and the turmeric powder, salt and asafoedita.
- Add the ground paste to this. Allow it to boil till u get the right kuzhambu consistency.
- Add 2 tsp of sesame oil to this.
- U can keep this for 2 days in the fridge.
- Enjoy with hot rice and roasted papad.