Rava payasam or Sooji payasam is a very simple kheer . Generally it is made for Varalakshmi pooja or any auspicious fridays . Though my mom makes rava payasam , this is the first time i am trying at home. It turned out very well and it is a very easy and simple payasam . I added little condensed milk so that it will not taste like a porridge.
- Add milk to this now and slowly cook this in a low flame without getting lumps.
- Stir it in between so that it will not get burnt.
- Add condensed milk to this and mix well. Add sugar and mix well. Boil for a minute and switch it off.
- Add the roasted cashew nuts and cardamom powder to this and serve.
- This kheer tends to be thick after it is cooled. So let the consistency be thin.
- Do not add more rava than the quantity mentioned. Else it will be like a halwa only.
- Adding condensed milk is totally optional. I wanted a creamy texture as i feel else this payasam will be like a baby porridge.