Pakoda with cooked rice is an easy and instant snack which we can make with the ingredients easily available at our place. This recipe i learnt from my co-sister , who cooks very well. The moment i noted down the recipe from her i wanted to give it a try. When i was left behind with little rice after my lunch , 2 days back i, i decided to make this rice pakora , which turned out very perfect .
- Cut the onions, green chilli, curry leaves and coriander leaves very finely.
- Mash the cooked rice with your hands .
- Add the Chopped items to the mashed rice and mix well. Add these items just before making. Else the onions will ooze out water and make the pakoras soggy and oily.
- Add besan to this. Add salt.
- Mix well and heat the oil for deep frying.
- When the oil is hot, make small portions of the rice mixture and put them in the hot oil.
- Deep fry them on both sides till golden brown and drain in a kitchen towel.
- Pakodas are ready to serve. Serve hot with tea.
- This pakoda will not remain crisp for along time.
- But if it is not hot it will taste nice.
- You can add finely chopped carrots,capsicum too.