Shahi semiya badam kheer recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time: 40 Mins |Serves: 4-5
Milk 1 liter
Badam | almond 20
Sugar 4-5 tbsp
Semiya | Vermicelli 1/3 cup
Saffron 2 pinches
Edible camphor a very small drop (optional)
Cashew nuts few
Ghee 2 tsp
- Roast the semiya in little ghee till golden brown. I used roasted semiya so i skipped this step.
- Soak badam in hot water for 10 minutes and take out the skin.
- In a pan add the roasted semiya and add the milk to this.
- Keep this in a medium flame and continue to stir this to avoid it getting burnt.
- Let this cook for 10- 15 minutes till the milk boils and starts reducing in quantity.
- Grind the almonds with sugar into a fine paste, if needed add 1-2 tblsp of milk while grinding.
- Simmer the flame to the lowest and add the ground badam sugar mix to the pan.
- Soak the saffron in 2 tblsp of hot milk for 3 minutes.
- Add this to the pan and mix well.
- Fry cashew nuts in ghee and add it to the kheer. Switch off the flame.
- Add edible camphor at this stage and mix well.
- Kheer is ready to serve. Serve hot or cold according to your preference.
- After adding badam mixture keep the flame very low and switch it off in 3-4 minutes.
- Else it will curdle.
- Adding edible camphor is optional but highly recommended. Do not add more than a very small pinch.