Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : Nil |Makes: 5
Betel leaves | Paan Leaves 5
Edible calcium | sunnambu little
Sweet Sanuf as needed
Gulkand 1-2 tsp
Supari | paaku 1 tsp
Jeera goli little (optional)
Jeeraga mithai few
Tuitty fruity few
Cardamom powder a pinch (optional)
Video on how to fold beeda
- Always fresh betel leaves for making beeda. Till you start making the beeda keep this inside a bowl of water.
- Take one from the water and pat dry it. On the back side of the leaf, slightly spread the Sunnambu . This gives colour in your tongue after you chew the paan.
- Do not add too much, just a little will do.
- Cut the stem of the betel leaves as shown in the picture.
- Start folding it from one end to make a cone. My hubby helped me out for this picture.
- Once the cone is ready start filling it with the ingredients. Keep in mind not to over stuff the cone, else you will not be able to close it.
- First start with supari | paaku. And then with other ingredients and lastly with gulkand.
- Close the cone and keep a cherry in the middle and insert a tooth pick in the middle.
- Repeat this for the rest of the betel leaves.
- You can add dry candied ginger too inside.
- Desiccated coconut also can be added .
- So many choices of mixed paan are availble in the market, you can stuff them inside.
- Always ensure not to over stuff the paan ,else it will be difficult to close it.
- Instead of making cone, you can just fold it and serve too.