Thakkali pachadi | tomato raita recipe, a traditional recipe with full video and stepwise instructions. Thakkali pachadi is a traditional Tamil brahmin recipe, served at weddings and made during the festival time too. The addition of coconut and chili makes it very flavourful.
My mom makes this so often and this goes well with Sambar sadam, vatha kuzhambu sadam, and Puliyodarai too. I have shared my mom’s signature recipe, Thakkali sweet pachadi. As summer is in full swing take more yogurt-based food in your diet to beat the heat.
Tomato pachadi | Thakkali pachadi
- 2 Tomato
- 2 tbsp Coconut
- 1-2 Green chili
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Salt as needed
- Wash the tomatoes and chop them finely.
- Grind the coconut, green chili and cumin seeds into a fine paste and keep aside.
- In a pan, add oil and throw in the mustard seeds.
- When it splutters add the chopped tomatoes to this and saute for 3-5 minutes in a low flame.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add the ground coconut mixture to it
- Mix it nicely by adding salt and finely chopped coriander leaves to this.
- Cool completely, Mix well with yogurt, before serving