Kurkuri bhindi recipe
Normally we don’t order starters when we go out to eat. But 2 weeks back when we went out for lunch on a rainy day afternoon we ordered for kurkuri bhendi in a popular restaurant here. The entire family was so impressed with the taste and kids wanted to make it again at home. I tried it on the very next day. It turned out so crispy, and the crispiness stayed for few hours too.
Usually the ladies finger are thinly sliced like sticks but i just followed the style which they served in restaurant. If you are looking for how to cook ladies finger perfectly, do check out this post on how to make Vendakkai curry.
This kurkuri bhindi can be served as a tea time snack or can be had along with a meal as an accompaniment too.
Also check out my
- Recipe Cusine: Indian
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Serves: 4-5
- Author: Jeyashri
- Recipe Category: Lunch | Dinner | Snack
- Description: Deep fried Bhindi recipe with step by step picture, made using ladies finger, gram flour and spices, served as a starter. .
Ladies finger sliced 3 cups
Red chili powder 1 tblsp
Besan | gram flour | kadalai maavu 3 tblsp
Salt as needed
Chaat masala 1 tsp
Method with step by step pictures :
- Wash the okras and pat dry it with a kitchen towel.
- Cut them into thin horizontal slices or round ones as you prefer.
- Mix all the ingredients, except oil ,with the cut okras.
- No need to add water. The slimy texture of the ladies finger when mixed with salt, oozes out moisture, which will be enough.
- Heat the oil in the pan for deep frying.
- When the oil becomes hot, bring the flame to medium and fry them in batches.
- A handful is enough for frying in one batch. Again it depends on the size of the pan.
- Fry it till the sound of the oil ceases.
- Repeat the same procedure for the rest of the ladies finger mixture.
- Drain it in a kitchen towel.
- Serve hot as a evening snack along with a hot cup of coffee/ tea.
- Keep in mind that chat masala contains salt.
- You can add a tblsp of Rice flour to the okra before frying.
- These kurkuri bhindis stayed crispy for more than 2 hours.