Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 10 Mins |Serves: 4-5
Grated Coconut 3/4 cup
Red chili 6-7
Urad dal 3 tblsp
Asafoetida a generous pinch
Tamarind a small piece
Oil 2 tsp
Salt as needed
Method with step wise pictures:
- Heat a pan and fry the urad dhal,tamarind and redchillies till golden brown.
- Add the asafoetida to this.
- Switch off the flame .
- Add the coconut to this.
- Allow it to cool and add salt.
- Grind it in the mixie into a fine paste by adding very little water.
- Enjoy with hot rice smeared with sesame oil or ghee .