Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 1 cup
For the powder
Coriander seeds 3 tblsp
Red chili 8
Channa dal 2 tblsp
Sesame seeds 1 tblsp
Cinnamon stick a small piece (optional)
Kopparai | dry coconut 2 tblsp
For the rice
Raw rice | basmati rice 1 cup
Eggplant (Small ) 4-5
Onion 1 (optional)
Oil 1 tblsp
Vangi bath powder (recipe given below) 2-3 tblsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Urad dal 1 tsp
Peanuts 1 tblsp (optional)
Curry leaves few
Salt as needed
- Dry roast all the ingredients, under the head “for the powder” and allow it to cool.
- When done, make it to a fine powder and store it in a container.
- Now the vangi bath powder is ready.
- Cook the rice with 1 and half cup of water and allow it to cool completely.
- The grains should be separate.
- Cut the brinjals into small cubes.(i used the long purple colour brinjal)
- Cut the onions lengthwise.
- Heat a kadai and add the oil. Temper with mustard seeds,urad dhal.
- Add onions and saute them for till golden brown.
- Add the brinjals and add salt and turmeric powder.
- Cook in medium flame till the brinjals become tender.
- Don’t add water.
- Add the vangi bath powder and gently mix with the brinjal mixture.
- Roast the peanuts in oil just before mixing the rice. Add curry leaves.
- Mix gently with the rice.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy with any raita of your choice.