Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 20-25 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Maida | Plain flour 1 cup
Fresh cream 1/2 cup
Milk Powder 1/2 cup
Sugar 1/2 cup
Baking soda A pinch
Baking Powder 1 tsp
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- In a wide bowl add the flour,baking soda , baking powder and milk powder. Sieve this for even mixing.
- Beat the fresh cream and sugar . I just put in the mixie and whipped once. Add the vanilla essence.
- Add the cream and sugar mixture to the flour mixture. Mix this evenly. If you feel the mixture is very thick add 1/4 cup of water or milk.
- I used the nestle cream and it was thick, so i added milk to make it slightly loose.
- Transfer this to a greased baking tin. I used my bread pan. If you want you can use the cake tin too.
- Bake this in a oven at 160 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Insert a tooth pick in the center and if comes out clean, then the cake is done.
- I didn’t preheat the oven for this, as it is a small cake.
- Allow this to completely cool and slice the cakes.
- Enjoy the tea cakes.
- You can add tutty fruity to the cake to enhance the taste.
- I have not experimented by replacing cream with butter or with any other substitute for milk powder.
- The cream makes the cake more softer and tastier.