Preparation Time : 15 mins | Baking Time : 40 Mins |Serves: 6
Mixed Vegetables* 1 cup
Pasta sauce (tomato) 1 cup
White sauce 1 cup
Grated cheese 250 gms
Lasagna sheets 9
Olive oil 1 tblsp
Red chili flakes as needed (optional)
Salt very little for the veggies.
Butter little for greasing the baking tray
* I used broccoli, bell peppers, carrot, and olives. You can use sweet corn, spinach,eggplant and green peas too.
- Chop the capsicum into small cubes. Chop the carrots into small and make small florets with broccoli.
- In a pan add oil and saute the the capsicum for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and carrots. Saute for few minutes.
- Add the tomato pasta sauce and white sauce to this.
- Mix well.
- Let this cook for 5 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Cook the lasagna sheets as per the package instructions.
- I couldn’t find any instruction in my package, so i boiled them in hot water for 5 minutes. Add few drops of oil and little salt while cooking it.
- Drain the water and take it out from and keep it separate, else it will stick to each other.
- Grease a baking dish with butter.
- I used glass baking tray.
- Let’s start layering.
- First add little veggies sauce mix to cover the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread the lasagna sheets on the top to cover the tray. Cut the sheets to fit the tray.
- Spread some grated cheese.
- Repeat this step again.
- Lastly add some sheets and grated cheese.
- Place some olives on the top. Alternatively you can add cherry tomato too.
- Bake this for 40 minutes in a pre heated oven at 160 degrees.
- Once it is done, cut it with a pizza cutter and serve it hot.
- You can use store bought pizza sauce too.
- You can add finely chopped spinach or baby spinach to the veggies.
- Veg lasagna is usually served as a main course as it is quite filling.