Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 3-4 Min per uttapam |Serves: 3
Dosa batter 1 cup
Carrot 3 tblsp (grated)
Capsicum 3 tblsp (chopped into cubes)
Salt as needed
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Oil to make the uttapams.
- Keep the onions, carrot, capsicum and tomato in a bowl or plate.
- Take out the seeds of the tomato and then chop it and add to the mixture.
- Add red chili powder and salt to this.
- Mix well. You can add some finely chopped coriander leaves too.
- Take 2 medium sized ladle of dosa batter on a hot dosa pan. Keep the flame medium.
- Sprinkle generous portion of the veggie mix on the top of the dosa batter.
- Let this cook. Pat the veggies with using the spatula. This will help the veggies to go inside the batter and will not come out while flipping the uttapam.
- Once one side is cooked flip the uttapam carefully.
- Serve hot with sambar or chutney of your choice.
- Veg uttapam is ready to serve.
- You can add grated beetroots also to the uttapam.
- Instead of red chili powder you can add idli molaga podi too.
- You can make this with idli batter too.
- You can add some garam masala, mint leaves to give a different taste.
- You can make this as mini uttapam and make different flavours as 5 taste uttapam too.