Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 5-6
Rice noodles 1*
Mixed veggies 1 cup
Tofu 1/2 cup
Bean sprouts 1 hand ful (skip if you don’t get)
Dark soya sauce 1 tsp
Light soya sauce 1 tsp
Refined oil 1 tblsp + 3 tsp
Sesame oil 1 tblsp
Ginger 2 tsp (grated)
Garlic 2 tsp (chopped finely)
Green chili 1
Chili sauce 4 tsp
Pepper 1/2 tsp (optional)
Spring onion few (to garnish)
Coriander leaves few (to garnish)
Peanuts few (to garnish)
Salt as needed
*Once the noodles is cooked it gave a volume of 3 cups. I used the brown rice noodles from fair price. You can use the concord rice sevai or any other brand rice sevai too. The dry sevai 2 big handful will give a nice volume to serve 4-5 people.
**Vegetables i used are carrot, capsicum and cabbage. You can use mushroom and broccoli too.
- I used the Brown rice noodles from fairprice Singapore. You can use millet noodles too.
- Soak the noodles in hot water for 15 minutes. If using any Indian bran sevai, just a minute in hot water will do. Read the package and follow accordingly. Do not over cook, else the bee hoon will be soggy.
- Drain the water completely and keep it in a colander.
- Cut the tofu into cubes.
- In a pan add 2-3 tsp of oil and saute the tofu till it turns golden brown.
- Keep it aside.
- Chop the onions finely and slit the green chili.
- Add 1 tblsp of oil in the pan and add ginger, garlic and green chili.
- Saute for few minutes. Add the onions.
- Add little salt. Saute till translucent.
- Add the veggies. Cut the veggies into thin long slices.
- Saute them for a minute.
- Add the dark soya sauce, light soya sauce and chili sauce. I used the Heinz brand chili sauce.
- If you want bit more spicy you can add little more chili sauce.
- Mix well.
- Add the bean sprouts. Wash it nicely and add. If you do not get this at your place just skip.
- Mix well. Add the cooked noodles.
- Add 1 tblsp of sesame oil to this.
- Mix it well using 2 forks. Mix evenly and gently. Do not mash the noodles.
- Add pepper powder to this.
- Once it is mixed well,garnish with spring onion leaves, coriander leaves and roasted peanuts. You can coarsely pound the peanuts and add.
- Serve with a lemon wedge.
- Bok choy green is usually added to this bee hoon noodles. If you want you can add along with the vegetables.
- You can deep fry the tofu and add too.