Also check out my
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time :20 Mins |Serves: 2
Plain noodles 150 gms
Mixed veggies* 1/2 cup
Tomato Sauce 3/4 tblsp
Chilli sauce 3/4 tblsp
Oil 2 tblsp + 1 tsp
Garlic 5 cloves
Spring onion** few
Soya sauce 1 tblsp
Salt as needed
*I added carrot, capsicum and cabbage.
**Spring onions can be replaced with normal onions. Use one big onion for this recipe.
Method with step wise pictures:
- Thinly slice the veggies.
- Finely chop the garlic and spring onion whites.
- In a heavy bottomed pan add water and allow this to boil nicely.
- Add the noodles to this.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes. Do not over cook.
- Drain excess water and pour cold water and add a tsp of oil to it and toss well to avoid the noodle sticking to each other.
- In a pan add the oil, and add the garlic and spring onion whites.
- Let this cook for few minutes till the onion becomes translucent.
- Add chopped veggies and cook on high flame.
- Add the tomato sauce, chili sauce and soya sauce. Add a bit of salt too. Do not add more as the sauces will have salt too.
- Mix well.
- Add the cooked noodles to this.
- Mix well evenly.
- Add spring onion greens on the top for garnishing.
- Serve it hot.
- You can add 2 green chilis while adding garlic, if you want the noodles spicy.
- Freshly ground pepper powder can also be added to the veg hakka noodles.