This vegetable hakka noodles is very easy to make and also kids like this very much. A nice variation to the usual Instant maggi noodles. I have made this by adding more veggies. You can reduce the veggies if you want. Veg hakka noodles is always a popular one among kids. If you have plain noodles at home, you can make easy restaurant style noodles for kids at home. I used Chings noodles for this recipe. Spaghetti can also be used.
Plain noodles 150 gms
Also check out my
Veg hakka noodles recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time :20 Mins |Serves: 2
Plain noodles 150 gms
Mixed veggies* 1/2 cup
Tomato Sauce 3/4 tblsp
Chilli sauce 3/4 tblsp
Oil 2 tblsp + 1 tsp
Garlic 5 cloves
Spring onion** few
Soya sauce 1 tblsp
Salt as needed
*I added carrot, capsicum and cabbage.
**Spring onions can be replaced with normal onions. Use one big onion for this recipe.
Method with step wise pictures:
- Thinly slice the veggies.
- Finely chop the garlic and spring onion whites.
- In a heavy bottomed pan add water and allow this to boil nicely.
- Add the noodles to this.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes. Do not over cook.
- Drain excess water and pour cold water and add a tsp of oil to it and toss well to avoid the noodle sticking to each other.
- In a pan add the oil, and add the garlic and spring onion whites.
- Let this cook for few minutes till the onion becomes translucent.
- Add chopped veggies and cook on high flame.
- Add the tomato sauce, chili sauce and soya sauce. Add a bit of salt too. Do not add more as the sauces will have salt too.
- Mix well.
- Add the cooked noodles to this.
- Mix well evenly.
- Add spring onion greens on the top for garnishing.
- Serve it hot.
- You can add 2 green chilis while adding garlic, if you want the noodles spicy.
- Freshly ground pepper powder can also be added to the veg hakka noodles.
hmm…looks delicious,never bought this brand before,will see if its avail here near my house 🙂
Looks nice , colorful.I've tried and posted.Its in my archive 🙂
Looks delicious…will try ur method
Kids love this platter. should try for this brand in chennai.
Thank you all for ur encouragement.
Congrats on starting your blog. Your blog page looks fantastic. I will definitely try some of your recipes. Keep them coming.
a quick dinner at our place 🙂
thank u so much nags for visiting
this is one of my favorite recipes in ur blog!! hey what abt the recipe for the delicious paneer butter masala u made here last time wen we met??remember?…
thank u kirthika.absolutely i remember.will post soon
hai this is rinku very nice salad to look
This is my first visit here, you have very interesting recipes. Love you noodles not only fast but also easy and yummy.
i made noodles….can we adjust soy sauce n chilli sauce accordig to our taste?
what vegetables can we add?can we add onions too?
Renu the sauce can be adjusted according to your taste, but do not add more soya sauce.It will give a bitter taste. Veggies like carrot,beans,capsicum, corn,peas, capsicum can be added and ensure that they should be crunchy and not over cooked. Adding onions is absolutely optional. even i add sometimes and sometimes skip too!
Thanks for trying out renu.
iam planning to make moodles with maggi….will let u know …
Wow Jeyashri your receipes are really good and I'm trying every day one of this.