Soups are generally loved by everyone at home. Tomato soup is a simple one and my kids will have this without any complaints. Especially during rainy time or cold weather, nothing beats the combo of a hot soup with toasted garlic bread. Here is my version of cream of tomato soup recipe. The bread croutons i used for serving is store bought, but you can make the bread croutons at home.
Check out my
Tomato soup recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Garlic 6-7 pods
Bay leaf 2
Ginger a small piece
Yellow moong dal 1 tblsp
Salt as needed
Black pepper to taste
Sugar 1 tsp
Butter 2 tsp
Full cream milk 1/2 cup or fresh cream 2 tblsp
- Wash and put the tomatoes in a broad vessel along with garlic, moong dal ,ginger and bay leaf.
- Pressure cook it till 2 – 3 whistles.
- Take out the skin from the tomato. Discard the ginger and bay leaf. Keep the excess water in a separate bowl. Blend all the others into a smooth paste.
- Strain the ground mixture and discard the tomato seeds. Add little water to adjust the consistency (if needed)
- In a pan add butter and pour the blended ingredients and bring it to boil and add a teaspoon of sugar, salt and pepper.
- Allow this to boil.
- Switch off the flame and add milk (room temperature) or fresh cream.
- Mix well and serve hot.
- Tomato soup is ready to serve. You can add some bread croutons to this and serve.
- Adding moong dal and milk it gives a creamy texture. If not adding moong dal we can add a tsp of corn flour mixed with water to make the soup thick.
- You can add a piece of beetroot while cooking and discard this after it is cooked. This gives nice colour to the soup.
- Use nice red ripe tomatoes for the soup.
I always make a simple soup,this one sounds better and richer,will try next time when i make 🙂
Picture is very nice 🙂
Looks nice and new to me..i make in a different way.have bookmarked this !!Thanks for the recipe !!
oh thank u raji and chitra for ur quick response. I bet u enjoy this soup.
Ur soup looks interesting….a bit diff for me…will try
Thank u so much priti.
Kalakkara Jeyashree. Will try this soon on Aarthi. She loves tomato soup.
thats great meena. Try and let me know
i made tomato soup today it came out well.thanks
adding moong dal thats greatidea bcz adding cornflour not good for health, moong dal its gives u thickness and healthy subp ja
tried the same way as u said .. taste is too good .. thanks for posting recipes like this
I have been following your blog for a long time now.. and i must confess i've become a big fan!
I tried this recipe just now and its the most perfect (and healthy of course) version of this soup i've ever cooked. restaurant like! feeling proud 😛
thanks a ton:)
appreciate all your hard work in making cooking easy for us 🙂
Hi jeyshri, tried tis soup just now …awesome taste and same colour as ur….kids enjoyed a lot…
very nice and easy preparation…good job..
Amazingly easy n delicious! Thank u 🙂
Can onion b skipped. If so will measurementd change
Yes you can skip, rest of the ingredients same. Salt and pepper you adjust.