Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Garlic 6-7 pods
Bay leaf 2
Ginger a small piece
Yellow moong dal 1 tblsp
Salt as needed
Black pepper to taste
Sugar 1 tsp
Butter 2 tsp
Full cream milk 1/2 cup or fresh cream 2 tblsp
- Wash and put the tomatoes in a broad vessel along with garlic, moong dal ,ginger and bay leaf.
- Pressure cook it till 2 – 3 whistles.
- Take out the skin from the tomato. Discard the ginger and bay leaf. Keep the excess water in a separate bowl. Blend all the others into a smooth paste.
- Strain the ground mixture and discard the tomato seeds. Add little water to adjust the consistency (if needed)
- In a pan add butter and pour the blended ingredients and bring it to boil and add a teaspoon of sugar, salt and pepper.
- Allow this to boil.
- Switch off the flame and add milk (room temperature) or fresh cream.
- Mix well and serve hot.
- Tomato soup is ready to serve. You can add some bread croutons to this and serve.
- Adding moong dal and milk it gives a creamy texture. If not adding moong dal we can add a tsp of corn flour mixed with water to make the soup thick.
- You can add a piece of beetroot while cooking and discard this after it is cooked. This gives nice colour to the soup.
- Use nice red ripe tomatoes for the soup.