It has been my long time plan to bake this eggless almond cookies. I have tasted this very recently and planned to make this the next week itself. The recipe i have bookmarked from Manjula’s Kitchen long back. We all loved this flavorful buttery cookies. Do try this Whole wheat almond cookies at home and enjoy your weekend.
- In a wide bowl add the whole wheat flour , sugar ,salt and cardamom powder.
- Slice the almonds. I just pulsed it in a mixer.
- Keep the butter in room temperature.
- Add this to the whole wheat flour mixture. add the sliced almonds too.
- Knead it into a smooth dough. the dough should be soft. Add 1-2 tblsp of milk for kneading the dough.
- Make it into desired shapes of 1 inch thickness.
- Preheat the oven for 5 minutes at 170 degrees.
- Bake it for 12-15 minutes in the same temperature.
- The cookies gets baked soon. so keep an eye after 10 minutes.
- When done cool it on the wire rack and once it is completely cool, transfer to a air tight container.
- Though the cookies appear to be chewy when hot, once it becomes cool it will be crispy.
- I felt the cookies are bit on the sweeter side and you can lessen 1 or 2 tblsp .
- Almonds can be replaced with cashew nuts or pistachios.