Pizza , it is one of the recipe in my to do list for a long time. I tried Tortilla pizza , but wanted to make this pizza with home made pizza dough . Finally i made it last week for my kids and surprised them after the came back from school. I made it into mini pizza so that it will be easy for me to share the pizza among my 2 kids! Over to the recipe of vegetarian pizza with home made pizza dough.
check out my Tandoori paneer pizza recipe.
*I used onions, green capsicum, red bell peppers and carrots.
- Add the yeast, sugar and salt in luke warm .
- Let this sit for ten minutes and stir nicely.
- In a wide bowl add the flour and make a dent.
- Pour in the yeast mixture and knead it into a smooth dough. Add oil while kneading. You may need 1-2 tblsp extra water to knead the dough.
- Cover with a wet damp cloth or with a vessel and keep it aside for an hour.
- The dough must have doubled in size by this time. Mean while keep the veggies ready.
- Punch down the dough and roll it on a floured surface.
- With a sharp lid or cookie cutter, cut it down into mini pizzas. If you want to continue with the regular big pizza ,you can skip this step.
- Place the cut pizza base in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Spread pasta sauce over each slice.
- sprinkle cheese on all slices.Adding cheese at this stage is optional.
- Arrange the veggies on the top. Mix little bit of salt to the veggies.
- Add cheese on the top. Actually i added bit less. As the grated cheese packet which i used was little bit small and i wanted to make it equally distributed for all pizza.
- Sprinkle chilli flakes and oregano to this.
- Bake this in a the Oven for 10 to 12 minutes or till the cheese melts at 170 degree C.
- Pizzas are ready for serving.
- I used carrots, capsicums and onions for toppings. You can use any veggie of your choice. Olives, mushrooms and even only tomatoes and cheese can be used.
- You can replace half cup of all purpose flour with whole wheat flour. Don’t make it 3/4 + 3/4. It may be thick and dry.
- Always ensure the water you soak the yeast is luke warm. If it is too hot the yeast will not rise , if it is too cold also it won’t raise.