Recipe updated with Video
My kids were on the back of me to make some cake or muffin for Halloween, but i refused totally as i am busy with diwali recipes. But after they left for school, though i was packed with lot of work today i made these witch finger cookies , to surprise them tomorrow. I didn’t have any idea of posting this, but Varsha will be very happy if I post this.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Baking Time : 12-15 Mins |Serves: 14 cookies
Plain flour | Maida 1 cup
Baking soda 1 tsp
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Butter 5 tblsp (softened)
Sugar 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence 2 tsp
Milk 1 tblsp
Almonds blanched 7
Video of How to make Witch finger cookies
Method with step wise pictures:
- Powder the sugar in a mixie. Add the soft butter to this.
- Keep the butter in room temperature for sometime, you will get it soft butter.
- Beat the butter and sugar mixture well.
- Add vanilla essence to this and mix well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the butter mixture to this.
- Knead this well into a dough. Take equal portions of the dough , like a lemon size.
- Blanch the almonds and cut them into 2 parts, but cutting in the center.
- Make the portion of dough long. Put lines using a tooth pick.
- Place it on a greased baking tray. I generally line my tray with baking sheet.
- Press the end part of this with your thumb, to keep the nails.
- Place it in the part where we pressed for the nails.
- Bake it in a oven at 150 degrees for 12-15 minutes, till it is done.
- I didn’t preheat the oven this time.
- Cool down in a wire rack.
- Witch finger cookies are ready to serve.
- Enjoy your Halloween party.
- You can use whole almonds too.
- You can use red food colour around the nails to get a blood look on the witch finger cookies.