Recipe updated with Video
My kids were on the back of me to make some cake or muffin for Halloween, but i refused totally as i am busy with diwali recipes. But after they left for school, though i was packed with lot of work today i made these witch finger cookies , to surprise them tomorrow. I didn’t have any idea of posting this, but Varsha will be very happy if I post this.
I followed my Eggless Choco Chip Cookie recipe and the method of how to make Witch fingers from this you tube link. You can choose any cookie recipe of your choice.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Baking Time : 12-15 Mins |Serves: 14 cookies
Plain flour | Maida 1 cup
Baking soda 1 tsp
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Butter 5 tblsp (softened)
Sugar 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence 2 tsp
Milk 1 tblsp
Almonds blanched 7
Video of How to make Witch finger cookies
Method with step wise pictures:
- Powder the sugar in a mixie. Add the soft butter to this.
- Keep the butter in room temperature for sometime, you will get it soft butter.
- Beat the butter and sugar mixture well.
- Add vanilla essence to this and mix well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the butter mixture to this.
- Knead this well into a dough. Take equal portions of the dough , like a lemon size.
- Blanch the almonds and cut them into 2 parts, but cutting in the center.
- Make the portion of dough long. Put lines using a tooth pick.
- Place it on a greased baking tray. I generally line my tray with baking sheet.
- Press the end part of this with your thumb, to keep the nails.
- Place it in the part where we pressed for the nails.
- Bake it in a oven at 150 degrees for 12-15 minutes, till it is done.
- I didn’t preheat the oven this time.
- Cool down in a wire rack.
- Witch finger cookies are ready to serve.
- Enjoy your Halloween party.
- You can use whole almonds too.
- You can use red food colour around the nails to get a blood look on the witch finger cookies.
superb 🙂 drooling 🙂 and perfect shape !
I too had plans to make this and even bookmarked a recipe for that but I am so busy with Diwali that I was not in a mood to bake now.Nice
well done…. i am sure kids will be very happy!!
Ongoing Event + Giveaway – CEDD – HONEY
Ongoing Event – CWF – Whole Wheat Flour
Prefectly done Jeyashri, they came out extremely superb.
wow jeyasri superb work… perfect finger shape…
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
Spooky indeed….your kids might have been surprised!! Very nice..
They do look spooky….very nicely done…I'm sure your kids are going to give you a big hug for this lovely surprise
yes quite spooky looking cookies. love them.
very nice.. sure ur kids will love it! it came out extremely good
Oh yeah really Spooky!!!!
Oh yeah really Spooky!!!!
Looks so spooky but would never want to eat it
scary 🙂 well made..
very nicely done….i too made similar ones.. 🙂
B-O-O-O-O Halloween Event Oct 5th to Nov 5th
SYF&HWS – Cook with Spices
South Indian Cooking (SIC) Series
Join my ongoing EP events-Rosemary OR Sesame @ Now Serving
Mmmm….looks very delicious
Looks creepy, loved the colors in the pic 🙂
Wow can plain flour be replaced with maida
Both are same, you can use.
Wow! Great timing ! Can I use all purpose flour in place of maida ? Thanks
Yes you can, both are same only