Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 4
Yogurt| curd 2 cups
Toor dal 1 tblsp
Coconut (grated) 1 tblsp
Green chili 2
Cumin seed| jeera 1 tsp
Ladies finger 5
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida 2 pinches
Curry leaves few
Coconut oil 2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
Cooking oil 1 tsp
- Soak the toor dal in very little water for 15 mins. Beat the curd nicely using a whisk and make it as buttermilk. Don't add water to it. The butter milk should be thick. Add salt as needed , turmeric powder and asafoetida to it and keep it aside.
- Grind the soaked toor dal,jeeragam green chillies and coconut into a fine paste.
- While grinding this don't use water,use the buttermilk we have kept aside. This will prevent from the mor kulambhu becoming watery.
- Meanwhile cut the ladies finger and fry it till golden brown using a non stick pan and keep it aside. Add little salt to this while cooking.
- Then add the paste to the buttermilk we have kept aside.
- Keep the flame small and cook till frothy.
- Then heat the pan put a tsp of oil and temper mustard seeds to it and add the buttermilk mixture to it. Keep in the stove top in a medium low and stir it in between.
- Add the ladys finger before serving.
- Switch off the gas when it starts boiling. Now add the coconut oil and garnish with curry leaves
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and do not cover it fully immediately. Slightly cover it and when it is warm then fully close it.