This time i am here to post a recipe with potato.This my mom makes and we all are a great fan of this. And we use to call it as ALOO DHUM. But now,after coming through so many recipes in the various blogs,i don’t think the name aloo dhum will justify this recipe.And i am not a creative person to name it on my own,so i have given the name potato sabzi.
The specialty of the recipe is it doesn’t need any garlic or onion. According to me,any thing we make, as an accompaniment for chapathi, poori or pulao without using onions will not taste good. But after tasting this,i changed my mind.Without boring u much,here comes the recipe.
Check out my similar recipe of aloo tamatar.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Coriander seeds 3 tsp
Cumin seeds |jeera 2 tsp
Ginger a small piece
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander leaves few
Salt as needed
Oil 3 tsp
- Cook the potatoes well ,peel the skin and keep it aside.
- Chop the tomatoes and grind it along with coriander seeds,ginger,chilli powder and half of the cumin seeds into a fine paste.
- In a kadai,heat oil and add 1/2of cumin seeds and add the grind masala. And now immediately add the potatoes to it. Mash it nicely.Mix it nicely and add a cup of water. Add salt and bring it to boil.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Enjoy with poori or jeera rice.