Mutter paneer masala is a rich tomato based paneer gravy. This is one of the family's most favorite recipe. A simple and easy recipe with easily available ingredients at home, yet never fails to impress your family and guests. Check out my other paneer recipes.
Mutter paneer recipe
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 30 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Paneer cubes 10-15
Green peas 1/2 cup
Tomato puree 2 tblsp
Garlic pods 3-4
Ginger a small piece
Red chili powder 3/4 tsp
Milk 1/4 cup
Kasoori methi a pinch
Garam masala | kitchen king masala 1/4 tsp
Oil 1 tblsp
Salt as needed
- Heat a kadai and add one tblsp oil and fry the paneer till golden brown.
- keep it aside.
- Cut the onions and fry it in a tblsp of oil till golden brown.
- Allow it to cool.
- Grind the onions along with the cloves,cardamom,and ginger to a fine paste.
- Add a tblsp of oil in a pan and when it is hot,add the ground paste to it.
- Add the tomato puree to it or if using tomatoes grind this along with the onions.
- I used the store bought tomato puree.
- Saute it well.
- Add chilli powder,salt and kitchen king masala to it.
- Add half a cup of water.
- Add the green peas.
- Boil till the peas are cooked.
- Add paneer cubes to it.
- Add milk and bring it to boil.
- Mix well and add a pinch of kasturi methi to it.
- Cube a onion and fry it till golden brown and add it to the gravy in last(optional).
ENJOY WITH ROTI/JEERA PULAO.