I am back after a month break. Though i enjoyed my vacation missed all ur interesting posts.
Before going to the recipe i thank ROHINI who wished me on my birthday through her blog.Thanks to all my friends who passed their wishes to me. Such a memorable birthday.
Coming to the recipe, its a recipe i tried from TARLA DALAL’s cook book and was came quite well and tasted very yummy. A must try recipe and easy one too. I made slight variations to the original one.
|PANEER CUBES||1 CUP|
|KASTURI METHI||1 TBLSP|
|CHILLI POWDER||1 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
|CHAT MASALA||1/2 TBLSP|
|AJWAIN SEEDS(OMAMAM)||1/4 TSP|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|ONIONS CHOPPED||2 NOS.|
|GARLIC (CRUSHED)||2 NOS|
|CORIANDER POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|TOMATO PUREE||1/2 CUP|
|FRESH CREAM/MILK||2 TBLSP|
|GARAM MASALA||1/4 TSP|
- Marinate the paneer cubes along with kasturi methi,chilli powder,turmeric powder,chat masala and salt. Keep aside for 1/2 and hour.
- After 1/2 an hour ,heat a kadai and add 3 tblsp of oil and fry the marinated paneer till golden brown and keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same kadai and temper the cuminseeds and ajwain seeds.
- when it crackles add the crushed garlic and chopped onions.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Now add the coriander powder and tomato puree. Mix well
- Cook till the oil seperates from the gravy.
- Add the paneer cubes and garam masala to it.
- Add the cream/milk to it.
- Mix gently.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.(since i dont have coriander leaves i didnt garnish)
- transfer to a serving bowl
- Enjoy with roti/naan/jeera rice.
- Since i have used the tomato puree i got a nice colour.
- If ur using tomatoes ,use well riped ones. You can add 4-5 tomatoes.