Hi Friends, I am back after a month’s break. As we shifted our house it took some time for me to settle down in the new house.
So this time i wanted to make a sweet , since the entire family is a so happy as my brother-in-law got married last week. Coming to the recipe of Carrot Halwa. What we need is:
UPDATE: SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE ALTERNATE EASY METHOD OF MAKING CARROT HALWA. Check out my beetroot halwa recipe.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |makes:1 and 1/2 cup halwa
Carrot grated 2 cups
Full cream milk 2 cups
Sugar or condensed milk 3/4 cup
Cardamom powder a pinch
Cashew and badam few (finely chopped)
Ghee 1 tsp
- Grate the carrots in a grater which has medium sized holes.
- In a kadai, add the grated carrots and milk
- Boil it in a medium flame stirring in between.
- Boil till the carrots are cooked and all the milk get absorbed.
- If you are using sugar, don’t add condensed milk
- Add sugar at this stage and stir well.
- Switch off the flame and golden fry the nuts in ghee.
- Add to the carrot halwa.
- If you are using condensed milk, add at the final stage and stir till the mixture gets thicken.
- Peel the skin of the carrots and wash them . Chop them roughly into pieces.
- Pulse this in a mixer.Add milk to this and pressure cook this for 2 whistles.
- Once done, add the cooked mixture to a pan and ad condensed milk. Boil till the rest of the milk gets absorbed. This will take 10 minutes approximately.
- Serve hot .
- I served with vanilla ice cream, since we all love this combo a lot.
- For 2 cups of grated carrots, we will get 1 and 1/2 cups of halwa.
- You can keep it in the fridge and can consume within 2 days from the day of preparation.