Some dishes we love to eat and some dishes though we do not like to eat, we make for our family members, some dishes we love to make also. Aloo paratha, is the one which i always love to make(of course to eat),and thankfully my hubby and kids love this. this time i like to share my own version of making this paratha, which i learnt from my friend long time back.
|SAMBHAR POWDER||1 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA POWDER||A PINCH|
|GINGER GARLIC PASTE||1/4 TSP(OPTIONAL)|
|WHEAT FLOUR||2 CUPS|
|WATER||TO KNEAD THE DOUGH|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|LEMON JUICE||1/2 TSP|
- Cut the onions into very fine pieces.
- Mash the bolied potatoes using a fork,and add the cuminseeds to it and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kdai and saute the onions for 2 minutes
- Add the mashed potato mixture to this and mix well.
- Add the sambhar powder , salt and garam masala to this and mix well.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and keep it in low flame for 2-5 mins.
- Allow it to cool and add the lemon juice.
- Knead the whole wheat flour with water to a make the dough for outer layer.
- Take a small ball sized dough and roll it into a thick roti.
- Place a tblsp of masala on the top of this.
- Close the mixture with the edges like this.
- Roll it gently again,by dusting it with flour.
- Heat a tawa,and put the rolled parathas on the tawa.
- When it is done on oneside, flip it over.
- When it is done,you will get nice golden colur on the outer layer),add a drop of oil to it.(I normally don’t add)
- If you want you can add ghee/ butter also.
- Serve hot with pickle or curd.
- You can replace sambhar powder with finely chopped green chillies.
- You can also add scrambled paneer to the aloo mixture for stuffing.
- If you are adding oil to parathas, add after they are completely cooked on both sides.
- Do not make the paratha,when the mixture is hot, the parathas will not come out nicely.