|SAMBHAR POWDER||1 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA POWDER||A PINCH|
|GINGER GARLIC PASTE||1/4 TSP(OPTIONAL)|
|WHEAT FLOUR||2 CUPS|
|WATER||TO KNEAD THE DOUGH|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|LEMON JUICE||1/2 TSP|
Check out the video of How to make aloo paratha perfectly
- Cut the onions into very fine pieces.
- Mash the bolied potatoes using a fork,and add the cuminseeds to it and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kdai and saute the onions for 2 minutes
- Add the mashed potato mixture to this and mix well.
- Add the sambhar powder , salt and garam masala to this and mix well.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and keep it in low flame for 2-5 mins.
- Allow it to cool and add the lemon juice.
- Knead the whole wheat flour with water to a make the dough for outer layer.
- Take a small ball sized dough and roll it into a thick roti.
- Place a tblsp of masala on the top of this.
- Close the mixture with the edges like this.
- Roll it gently again,by dusting it with flour.
- Heat a tawa,and put the rolled parathas on the tawa.
- When it is done on oneside, flip it over.
- When it is done,you will get nice golden colur on the outer layer),add a drop of oil to it.(I normally don’t add)
- If you want you can add ghee/ butter also.
- Serve hot with pickle or curd.
- You can replace sambhar powder with finely chopped green chillies.
- You can also add scrambled paneer to the aloo mixture for stuffing.
- If you are adding oil to parathas, add after they are completely cooked on both sides.
- Do not make the paratha,when the mixture is hot, the parathas will not come out nicely.