This is an very easy upma which is made with poha(rice flakes) and quite healthy too. We all love this upma and this will be our morning breakfast during weekend.
For this upma i used the THICK POHA. You can use the thin one also.
|GREEN CHILLI||3 NOS|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
|LEMON JUICE||1 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
|RED CHILLI||1 NO.|
- Wash the poha in water and soak it in the water for a minute.
- Drain the water completely.
- Cut the onions and chillies into fine pieces.
- In a kadai, add a little oil and saute the capsicum for 5 mins.
- Let this be crunchy. Do not over cook.
- I used the Green and Red colour capsicum.
- Keep it aside.
- Add oil to this kadai and throw in the mustard seeds.
- Add the green chilies red chili and onions .
- Saute till the onion turns pink. Add salt to this.
- Add the peanuts at this stage.
- Saute for few mins .
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Now add the poha and keep in a slow flame.
- Throw in the capsicum and mix well.
- Now switch off the flame and add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander.
This upma we normally have very hot with any pickle as an accompaniment.
- You can add boiled and cubed potatoes to this upma .
- If adding potatoes add it after sauting the peanuts.
- This has to be served hot
- If you are using thin poha,just skip the step of soaking in the water for a minute.
Wish all my reader, friends,visitors a very HAPPY PONGAL.
CLICK HERE FOR SAKKARAI PONGAL(SWEET PONGAL) RECIPE.