Carrot Kheer is a very simple and healthy dessert and make this quite often since my kids love this. Few months back when i made this for a potluck my friends and their family liked this a lot and they asked me for the recipe. So here comes the recipe for yummy carrot kheer .
|CONDENSED MILK||2 TBLSP(OPTIONAL)|
|ALMOND FLAKES||TO GARNISH|
- Peel the skin of the carrots and roughly chop it.
- Pressure cook this by adding 1 cup of milk till 4-5 whistles.
- Allow it to cool .
- Keep the milk aside and grind the carrots along with sugar in a blender into a smooth paste.
- Boil the remaining milk for 15-20 mins in a low flame.
- Add condensed milk to this. Switch off the flame.
- When the milk becomes warm add the carrot puree and the milk which we used for cooking the carrots, to this.
- Add the saffron strands and mix well
- Serve chill by garnishing with almond flakes.
- Do not add the carrot puree when the milk is hot.
- If you want a more creamy texture blanch a handfull of almonds and grind it along with the carrots.
- If you are not condensed milk you can add some more sugar .