Thanks J, for the recipe.
|CORIANDER LEAVES||2 BIG BUNCHES|
|RED CHILLIS||8-10 NO|
|TAMARIND||A SMALL GOOSEBERRY SIZE|
|SESAME OIL||4 TBLSP|
- Wash the coriander leaves and cut them with the help of kitchen scissors. Discard the stem.
- In a kadai, add few drops of oil and roast the redchillis ,tamarind and asafoetida.
- In a kadai, ad the sesame oil and throw in the mustard seeds.
- When it splutters add the ground coriander leaves to this and saute in low flame.
- Saute till the oil leaves on the sides and it gives a nice aroma.
- This will take approximately around 10-12 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and transfer it to a container.
- This can be stored in the fridge for 10-15 days.
- This thokku tastes well with curd rice and Paratha.
- You can replace the redchilli with green chilli also.
- A tsp of jaggery can be added to the thokku.