BABY CORN COOKED IN RICH TOMATO GRAVY.
I tried to recreate the same taste but i almost it was like that(my daughter said) and we had a great dinner with rotis and a salad.
Check out my
Baby Corn masala
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 35 Mins |Serves: 5-6
Baby corn 2 packets (15 approx.)
Onion 2 + 1
Garlic 4 cloves
Cashew nut 6-7
Red chili powder 1-2 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp (optional)
Kasoori methi 1 tsp
Tomato ketchup 1 tsp
Oil 1 tblsp
Milk 1/2 cup
Salt as needed
Video on how to make baby corn masala
- Wash the Baby corn and cut them into big pieces. Pressure cook this by adding little salt and keep it aside.
- In a pan add 2 tsp of oil.
- Roughly chop the 1 onion and capsicum saute them in a pan till it turns into a nice brown colour.
- Roughly chop the other 2 onions and peel the skin of garlic.
- Add 2 tsp oil in a pan and add the onions and garlic. Cook till golden brown.
- Switch off the flame and add the cashew nuts, tomatoes(roughly chop), red chili powder, coriander powder, kasoori methi, tomato ketchup and garam masala (if adding).
- Mix well.
- Allow these to completely cool. Add all these into a mixie jar and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Add oil in a pan and add the ground masala. Saute for 2-3 minutes in a low flame.
- Add in the cooked baby corn. Add little water to adjust the consistency.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk to this. If adding fresh cream add 1/4 cup of fresh cream.
- Now add the capsicum and onions to this.
- Put off the flame.
- Serve it hot with Roti/ Naan.
- It tasted even so yum with Peas pulao also.
- Tomatoes can be replaced by 1/2 cup of store bought tomato puree.
- Fresh cream can be replaced by milk.
- Instead of baby corn you can add paneer and make it panee masala.
- Any colour of the capsicum can be added.