BABY CORN COOKED IN RICH TOMATO GRAVY.Last week when we all went to a North Indian restaurant for lunch we ordered a Baby Corn Masala which we have never tried before in that place. We all liked it very much and we went for veggies shopping and my daughter picked the cute baby corns in the vegetable section and asked me to make a masala with that.
I tried to recreate the same taste but i almost it was like that(my daughter said) and we had a great dinner with rotis and a salad(recipe coming soon)
|BABY CORN||2 PACKETS(15 NO. APPROX)|
|ONIONS||2 NO AND 1 NO FOR GARNISHING|
|TOMATO||2 BIG RIPED|
|CASHEW NUTS||5-7 NO.(OPTIONAL)|
|REDCHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|CORIANDER POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|CUMIN SEED POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|KASOORI METHI||1/4 TSP|
|TOMATO SAUCE||1/4 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA/KITCHEN KING MASALA||A GENEROUS PINCH|
|CUMIN SEEDS||A PINCH|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
- Wash the Baby corn and cut them into big pieces .
- Roughly chop the 2 onions and saute them in a kadai(add a few drops of oil) till it turns into a nice brown colur.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and the capsicum into cubes.
- In a pan cook the baby corn till it becomes soft.
- It took 10 minutes for me to get them cooked.
- Add a pinch of turmeric and little salt while cooking.
- When it is done, drain the excess water and keep the corns aside.
- In a mixer jar, add the sauted onions, tomatoes, redchilli powder,coriander powder,cumin seed powder,tomato sauce , kasoorimethi, cashew nuts(if adding and i didnt add) into a smooth paste.
- In a kadai add the oil and saute the capsicum and cubed onion for a minute.
- Keep it aside.
- In the same oil throw in the cumin seeds and add the ground masala.
- Saute them in a low flame for 5 mins.
- Add the cooked Baby corns and the milk to the gravy.
- Now add the capsicum and onions to this.
- Put off the flame.
- Serve it hot with Roti/ Naan.
- It tasted even so yum with Peas pulao also.
Tomatoes can be replaced by 1/2 cup of store bought tomato puree.
I used the Everest Kitchen King Masala and it gave a wonderful flavour to the curry