Here comes the recipe of perfect sabudana vada
Preparation time: 5 minutes + 3 hours soaking .Cooking time: 30 minutes.Makes:11 vadas
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
|REDCHILLI POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|ROASED PEANUT||1/4 CUP(COARSELY GROUND)|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRYING|
- Wash the sago in water and drain the water thoroughly.
- Just sprinkle some water to that and keep it aside closed for 2 hours.
- Roast the peanuts and make it into a coarse powder.
- In a big bowl, add the sago, redchilli powder,cumin seeds, potatoes(grate the potatoes for even mixing) and salt.
- Mix thoroughly and make a soft,but firm tikkis.
- Make a medium lemon sized tikkis and keep it aside.
- Heat oil for deep frying .
- When it is hot, just bring down the flame to low.
- Fry the vada till both sides become crisp.
- Drain it in a kitchen towel.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce/ Green Chutney.
- If you are using the skinned peanuts, just roast it and take out the skin and coarsely ground it as i did while making Peanut Chutney.
- Do not soak the sabudana in water , else it will drink too much oil while frying.
- Peanuts and potatoes are the binding agents so always cook the potatoes soft.
- Serve hot always.