As the summer is in the peak, almost everyday for lunch i am a making raitha, as an accompaniment with rice. My mom makes this simple tomato raitha ,during festivals and special occasions. I made this two days back when i have guests around ,and we had this with Bisibelabath.
|GREEN CHILLI||1 NO|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- Wash the tomatoes and chop them finely.
- Grind the coconut ,green chilli and cumin seeds into a fine paste and keep aside.
- In a kadai, add oil and throw in the mustard seeds.
- When it splutters add the chopped tomatoes to this and saute for 3-5 minutes in a low flame.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add the ground coconut mixture to it
- Mix it nicely by adding salt and finely chopped coriander leaves to this.
- Mix well with yogurt , before serving .
- Serve with any rice of your choice.