I am so happy while writing this post, since it is my first baking post and even my first baking attempt too. I can say this muffins is a perfect recipe for beginners in baking and i adopted this from Madhurams Eggless Cooking blog. It was planning to start baking for a long time and to my surprise my friends surprised me with a baking oven on my wedding anniversary. Yesterday i baked this muffins for my daughter ,who turned 10 years, and she enjoyed this a lot along with her friends.
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||2 CUPS|
|BAKING SODA||3/4 TSP|
|BAKING POWDER||3/4 TSP|
|CHOC CHIPS||3/4 CUP|
|BANANA(I USED THE LONG ONE)||2 NO|
- Puree the banana in a mixie or mash them using your hands.
- Transfer it to a wide mouthed bowl.
- Add sugar and oil to this mixture.
- Mix it briskly for 2 mins. You can use an electric beater too, i used the whisk.
- To this add the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt and water.
- Mix gently, do not over do.
- Stir in the choc chips.
- Pre heat the oven in 160C for 5 mins.
- Spoon the muffin liner with 3/4 of the banana mixture.
- Bake for 18-20 mins. Mine got ready in 15 mins.
- Just insert a tooth pick into the muffin and it should come out clean.
- Cool it completely and enjoy .
- The consistency of the banana mixture should be like of the idli batter.
- You can also add 2 tblsp of butter milk to loosen the mixture(if necessary)
- The muffins will raise in size while baking , so fill the liner with 3/4 of the mixture.
- Choc chip can be replace with any nuts of your choice.
I have tried the eggless banana walnut muffin from Raks Kitchen.