Methi kadhi pakoda, for the first time i tried kadhi after i tasted in my friend’s place and that really turned out so well. I took the recipe from her, the original source of the recipe is from Tarla dalal’s space. I slightly modified the original recipe to suit my family’s taste. Thanks J for introducing such a yummy dish to me.
|METHI LEAVES||1/2 CUP|
|BESAN/BENGAL GRAM FLOUR/KADALAI MAAVU||3/4 CUP|
|BAKING SODA||A PINCH|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRYING|
FOR MAKING KADHI:
|BESAN/BENGAL GRAM FLOUR/KADALAI MAAVU||2 TBLSP|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|CURRY LEAVES||4-5 NO|
|GREEN CHILLI||2 NO|
|TURMERIC POWDER||1/4 TSP|
FOR MAKING PAKODAS:
- Wash the methi leaves and chop them finely.
- Add all the ingredients (curd,besan, salt ,baking soda)except oil.
- Make the dough into equal balls and deep fry the balls till golden brown.
FOR MAKING THE KADHI:
- Beat the curd nicely.
- Add the besan and mix well without any lumps.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt , asafoetida and a cup of water to this.
- Cut the onions into thin slices and slit the green chili.
- In a kadai, add cumin seeds and curry seeds.
- When it crackles add the onions and green chilli.
- When this turns pink nice brown colour add the besan curd mixture to this.
- Keep the flame low and allow the mixture to boil for 15-20 minutes ,stirring in between.
- Transfer this to a serving bowl and add the pakodas to this.
- If your not serving the kadhi immediately don’t add the pakodas to this.
- Befor serving just heat up the kadhi nicely and dip the pakodas in warm milk for a minute and add this to the kadhi.
- Serve with hot steamed rice.