Normally we don’t order starters when we go out to eat as we feel it will spoil our appetite especially for the kids, but 2 weeks back when we went out for lunch on a rainy day afternoon we ordered for kurkuri bhendi ,a simple and delicious starter ,made with okra . The entire family was so impressed with the taste and kids wanted to make me again at home and i tried it on the very next day . It turned out so crispy and i am here with the recipe of Kurkuri Bhindi.
|LADIES FINGER||300 GMS|
|RED CHILI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|BESAN/GRAM FLOUR||2 TBLSP|
|CHAT MASALA||A GENEROUS PINCH|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRY|
- Wash the okras and pat dry it with a kitchen towel.
- Cut them into thin horizontal slices or round ones as you prefer.
- Mix all the ingredients, except oil ,with the cut okras.
- Heat the oil in the kadai.
- When the oil becomes hot,bring the flame to medium and throw in the okra mixture.
- A handful is enough for frying in one batch.
- Fry it till the sound of the oil ceases.
- Repeat the same procedure for the rest of the okra.
- Drain it in a kitchen towel.
- Serve hot as a evening snack along with a hot cup of coffee/ tea..
- Keep in mind that chat masala contains salt.
- You can add a tblsp of Rice flour to the okra before frying.