The original recipe i adopted from here.
PREPARATION TIME:10 MINUTES. COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES .SERVES: 3-4
|RICE FLOUR||1/2 CUP|
|WATER||1 CUP+1 CUP FOR SWEET GRAVY|
|COCONUT MILK||1/2 CUP|
|SESAME OIL||2 TSP|
- In a kadai add milk and 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup of milk ,the rice flour and a pinch of salt.
- since i used the idiyappam flour i didn’t add salt.
- Add a tsp of ghee to this.
- Heat in a medium flame by stirring continuously till the water completely evaporates .
- Knead the dough by adding sesame oil to this.
- Cover this with a wet cloth till you use this.
- Add jaggery in a vessel along with 2 tblsp of water and dissolve the jaggery.
- Filter the impurities.
- Make the dough into small sized balls.
- In a pan add 1 cup of water and heat till luke war.
- I used the store bought coconut milk and i diluted this .
- Take 2 tblsp of coconut milk and add 1/2 cup of water to this.
- Add the jaggery water to this.
- Mix it well with the luke warm water. Keep the flame medium.
- Add the rice balls to this and boil for 3-5 mins .
- Add elachi powder to this.
- Switch off the flame add 1/2 cup of thick coconut milk to this.
- Mix Well. I prefer this serving chilled.
You can replace jaggery with sugar also.