Lauki/ Sorrakai in tamil is a veggie which we use for making kootu. I never know that we can make sweet out of this veggies, till i tasted lauki halwa at my friend’s place. Then she told that we can make kheer out of this veggie too. Since this was interesting i wanted to give it a try and to my surprise this turned out so yummy and here comes the recipe:
|CONDENSED MILK||1/4 CUP|
|CARDAMON POWDER||A PINCH|
- Peel the skin of the bottle gourd and scoop out the seeds.
- Grate them and squeeze out the water from this.
- In a kadai add the ghee and saute this grated squeezed bottle gourd for 3-5 mins in a low flame.
- Keep it aside. Boil the milk and reduce it to 3/4 th of the quantity.
- Add condensed milk and stir well.
- Add the grated bottle gourd to the milk mixture and let this boil in milk for 10 minutes in a low flame.
- Switch off the flame and add sugar (if using) and cardamom powder . Stir well.
- Garnish with few saffron strands.
- Serve chilled.
I am sending my Carrot Kheer and Pineapple Kesari to the same event. Click on the picture for the recipe.