For original recipe click HERE.
UPDATE: I have made this same recipe replacing butter with 1/4 cup of oil and added few tutti fruity bits also. The texture was so well.
This recipe yields 7 large muffins of the size you can see in the picture.
Picture updated on 12|9|12
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1 AND 1/2 CUP|
|CORN FLOUR||1 TSP|
|BAKING POWDER||1 TSP|
|VANILA ESSENCE||3/4 TSP|
|BUTTER or OIL||1/4 CUP|
|CHOCO CHIPS||1 AND 1/2 TSP|
|SALT||A PINCH(IF USING UNSALTED BUTTER)|
- Sieve the all purpose flour, corn flour, and baking powder to ensure even mixing.
- In a wide bowl add the sugar and butter together till it becomes creamy.
- Since i don’t have have the electric beater this part made my hands a very good exercise.
- Add the milk and vanilla essence to this and creamy mixture and beat well.
- Add the sieved flour to this mixture slowly.
- Gently mix this .the batter will be little thick.
- Add 1 tblsp of choco chips to this and pour it in the muffin liners.
- Fill 3/4 portion of the liner.
- Garnish with few choco chips.
- Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Bake this for 20-25 mins.
- Mine got done in 22 mins. Insert a tooth pick to check out whether it is done. If it comes out clean then take it out and cool it in a wire rack.
- I made this on a sunday morning and my daughter took this to school on monday. I didn’t keep it in the fridge.
While writing this post i remembered today a very good friend of mine is celebrating her birthday and she has recently started a blog. Wish you a very happy birthday Rajeni and you can visit her at Rajdeepscookery.
Will meet you all soon with diwali recipes.