I was searching for a eggless banana bread recipe for a long time but somehow when i saw this recipe here, i tried this and the out come was so amazing and i am trying this for the fourth time and the first time when i tried i tried with all purpose flour, and later i tried replacing half with whole wheat flour and replaced brown sugar with white sugar. Each version tasted so yummy in its own way and kids enjoyed this thoroughly.
|WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR||3/4 CUP|
|MAIDA| ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1/2 CUP|
|BANANA||2 (I used the long one)|
|BROWN SUGAR | WHITE SUGAR||3/4 CUP|
|VANILA ESSENCE||1 TSP|
|BAKING SODA||1 TSP|
|RAISINS||A HAND FUL|
|ALMONDS( CHOPPED)||1/4 CUP( OPTIONAL)|
- Blend the banana in a mixer or mash nicely with your hands.
- Mix this banana puree along with sugar, milk, yogurt, vanila essence, oil and salt.
- Sift the flours along with baking soda for even mixing.
- Add this wet ingredient mix to the flours and mix gently and evenly.
- Add raisins and chopped almonds(if using). Mix evenly.
- Grease a bread loaf pan and transfer the batter to this pan.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and bake for 40 minutes.
- Mine got done in 45 minutes.
- Check inserting a tooth pick and if comes out clean the bread is done.
- This can be baked as a cake also ( if you don’t have a bread loaf pan)