Summer has started and most of us don’t feel like eating anything rather than drinking lots of water and having fruit juices. My mom’s sister makes this lemonade with home made lemon syrup, one for every summer and even my athai also makes this. Suddenly i thought of making this and i asked my mom to pass on the recipe to me from her sister.
|LEMON JUICE(SQUEEZED FROM FRESH LIME)||1 CUP|
|GINGER||A BIG PIECE|
- Peel the skin of the ginger and roughly chop it.
- Put sugar, water and ginger pieces in a vessel and boil till the sugar comes to one string consistency.
- Put off the flame, cover it and allow this to completely cool.
- Discard the ginger. Add a pinch of salt.
- Squeeze out lemon juice from fresh lemons.
- Filter this and add to the sugar syrup.
- This yields approximately 2 and 1/4 cup of syrup.
- Store this in a clean glass bottle.
- While serving add 1/4 portion of lemon syrup to 1 portion of water.
- Add a tblsp of extra syrup if you want more.
- Mint leaves can be added while serving and fresh lemon wedges can also be added while serving.
- Never add the lemon juice when the syrup is hot or warm.
- Do not squeeze out too much of juice from the lemon. This will give a bitter taste to the lemonade.
- This syrup if properly handled will stay good in refrigerator for 30 to 45 days