Kosumalli or kosambari or vada paruppu is a traditional dish prepared in our family during all festivals and grand feasts. During rama navami also they prepare this along with neer mor(spiced butter milk) and panagam. Though i wanted to post the panagam recipe, when i was about to make this i noticed that i was running out of jaggery which is the main ingredient of making panagam. So i headed upon to post the recipe of kosumalli.
Will update stepwise pictures soon.
|YELLOW MOONG DAL||1/4 CUP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|GREEN CHILLI||1 NO|
|COCONUT GRATED||1 TBLSP(OPTIONAL)|
|LEMON JUICE||1 TSP|
- Boil a cup of water nicely and when it comes to a rolling boil, switch off the flame and put the yellow moong dal to this and let this sit for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Drain the water and add the transfer this to a wide bowl.
- Grate the carrots and cucumber and add to the dal.
- Add salt and temper with mustard seeds, green chili , asafoetida and coriander leaves.
- Mix well. Add lemon juice and mix nicely.
- Add the grated coconut(if using) just before serving.