Aam Ka Paana is a very new variety of summer cooler, made with raw mango,which i was introduced by one of my relative few years ago. Though i liked the drink very much, i don’t know till date why i didn’t try this at home. Last week when i got a sudden craving for this raw mango drink and to my luck a friend of mine was getting ready to visit the Indian store for vegetable shopping and send me a SMS as what i need from there. Without any second thought i replied her that i wanted 2 raw mangoes. The next day i made this and thoroughly enjoyed the aam ka paana. So i am sharing the recipe of Aam ka paana today. INGREDIENTS: [SERVES 3-4 GLASSES]
|CRUSHED PEPPER||1/4 TSP|
|CHAAT MASALA||1/4 TSP|
|CUMIN POWDER||1/8 TSP|
- Pressure cook the raw mango till 2 whistles.
- You can cook it as it is. No need to cut.
- Take out the skin and scoop the pulp of the mango.
- Strain the excess water and add sugar, salt, chaat masala, jeera powder and crushed pepper to this.
- Mix it well. I just pulsed in the mixer for even mixing.
- You can freeze this concentrated pulp in the refrigerator and serve it whenever u want.
- I put a very small portion in the ice cube tray( 2 cubes) and mixed it with a 3/4 cup of water and had on the next day.
- If using on the same day, add 2 tblsp of pulp mixture to a serving glass and add 1 cup of water and add ice cubes.
- Mix it well before serving.
- Sugar can be replaced with jaggery too.
- The quantity of sugar depends upon the sweetness of the raw mango. If it is too sour add little extra sugar.
- You can use semi ripe mango too.
- You can add mint leaves before serving.
- A dash of lemon juice can also be added while serving