INGREDIENTS:( yield 10-12 rotis)
WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR 1 CUP MAIDA | ALL PURPOSE FLOUR 1/2 CUP MILK 1/4 CUP WATER 1-2 TBLSP OIL 2 -3TBLSP SALT AS NEEDED
- In a wide vessel,sieve both the flour and mix with salt and oil.
- Slowly add milk ( luke warm milk) and mix with the flour to make a pliable dough. Add 1-2 tblsp of water as and when needed.
- Cover it and keep it aside for 1 hour.
- After an hour make equal portions of dough and make lemon sized balls out of it.
- Take out a ball and roll it into a small roti and spread a tsp of oil to this.
- Dust some all purpose flour over this . Alternatively rice flour can also be used for this.
- Roll one more ball into a small size roti.
- Place this over the dusted roti like a sandwich.
- Roll this into a thin roti and meanwhile heat a tawa.
- The tawa should be very hot.
- Transfer the thinly rolled roti to the tawa and immediately you can see bubbles forming on the roti.
- Flip this and let the other side to cook.
- These actions should be quickly done , otherwise it will get burnt and end up in crispy rotis.
- When it is warm, slowly separate the two rotis. This can be easily done.
- Flod it into triangles and do the repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough.
- Serve hot with any your favorite side dish.
- Though we had with mixed vegetable curry , when i made this and was ready to click, i had some little dal makhani which i made in the morning and clicked the pic with dal makhani!!.
- Always make the dough very soft else the roti will turn out hard.
- Roll the sandwiched roti as thin as possible. The edges should be very thin.
- Alternatively you can keep a pan upside down and use this for cooking the rotis instead of using a tawa.