This is yet another easy lunch box recipe and if your kids love corn then go ahead to give this a try.
SLIGHTLY ADAPTED FROM:APPETIZING RECIPES
|SWEET CORN | FROZEN CORN||1 CUP|
|PANEER(CUBED)||1/4 CUP( OPTIONAL)|
|ITALIAN SEASONING | PEPPER POWDER||1 TSP|
|BASMATI RICE||1/2 CUP|
|GARAM MASALA||1/2 TSP|
|GREEN CHILLI||2 NO|
- Soak rice in 1 cup of water for 20 minutes and pressure cook this by adding salt and a tsp of oil.
- Cook this into long separate grains and allow this to cool.
- In a pan add little oil and fry the paneer cubes (if using)till golden brown.
- Thaw the frozen corn. If using fresh one pressure cook this separately and take out the corn kernels.
- Add oil in a pan and throw in the slit green chilli.
- Add the corn kernels and the paneer cubes and saute for few minutes.
- Add the Italian seasoning( i used oregano powder) and garam masala and salt to taste.
- Mix well. Add the cooked rice and mix gently without mashing the rice.
- Serve with any raitha of your choice.
- You can add fried cashew nuts if you are making for kids.
- Finely chopped onions can be added in the first to enhance the taste.