Corn methi pulao, my sister gave me this recipe, a year back but some how when i have corn, methi will not be there and when methi leaves are in stock, corn will not be there. Many times i forget also. She too asks me sometimes, as why i didn’t post the corn methi pulao. Finally during our India trip she told she will make this for me and asked me to click the pictures only. I happily agreed and took the step wise pictures. She used the small fresh methi leaves but before i could take the final pictures a very good of friend of us came to meet me. So i didn’t click the final pictures but immediately after coming back from India i made this corn methi pulao and clicked the final pictures.
Check out my other popular lunch box recipes too
- Wash and soak the rice in 1 and 1/2 cup of rice. If using fresh corn, take out the corn kernels. I used frozen corn.
- Wash the methi leaves, slice the onions and slit the green chilli. If the methi leaves are very small and tender you can add it as it is, mine was bit big and so i chopped.
- In a pressure cooker add oil and the throw in the bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
- Add the sliced onions and the slit green chili. Saute till the onions turns pink.
- Add the sweet corn and methi leaves and saute for a minute. Add the pepper powder.
- Add the soaked rice and add the water. Add salt.
- Pressure cook for a whistle and keep the flame in low and switch off after 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with fork. Serve hot with any raita or you can pack this for lunch box too.
- Adjust the pepper powder according to your taste.
- You can replace corn with green peas.