Papdi chaat is the usual starter in most of our potluck parties and one of my friend makes this so well , but we always use store bought papdis. This time when i wanted to try out papdi chaat at home i clarified my doubts with my friend and we all enjoyed the papdi chaat and sharing the recipe of papdi chaat.
Though we add little yogurt | dahi to this recipe, this is not dahi papdi chaat. Will post that recipe in future .
|SWEET CHUTNEY||1- 2 TBLSP|
|GREEN CHUTNEY||1 TBLSP|
|BOILED POTATO||1 NO|
|NYLON SEV||3-4 TBLSP|
|CHAAT MASALA||2-3 PINCHES|
|CUMIN POWDER||FEW PINCHES|
- Chop the onions and coriander leaves finely.
- Peel the skin of the boiled potatoes cut them into cubes . Sprinkle some chaat masala and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Dilute the chutneys before using.
- Arrange the papdis on a plate.
- Add the cubes potatoes (4-5 cubes) in each plate.
- Add a little of green chutney to this .
- Add a little sweet chutney on the top.
- Add the chopped onions (roughly 1/4 tsp )to each papdi.
- If adding tomatoes, deseed them and add finely chop it and add at this stage.
- Add little yogurt on the top .
- Add the green chutney and the sweet chutney on the top.
- Add nylon sev and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Enjoy the papdi chaat immediately before it becomes soggy.
- Always make the papdi just before serving.
- Adding yogurt is optional.
- Keep all the ingredients chilled ( onions, tomatoes, potatoes), this will retain the crunchiness.
- In the last you can sprinkle some chaat masala and cumin seed powder to make it more flavorful.