In the beach they use the white peas, but you can use green peas or even peanuts too.In the beach they add lots of maangai , onion and carrot and less of sundal but i have added more sundal in my version.
|WHITE PEAS||3/4 CUP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|RAW MANGO (GRATED)||3-4 TBLSP|
|CARROT GRATED||2 TBLSP|
|CHOPPED CORIANDER||1/2 TBSLP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/ 4 TSP|
- Soak the white peas for 7-8 hours ,preferably overnight.
- Pressure cook the peas for 2-3 whistles by adding salt to this.
- Drain the water and remove the skin .
- In a pan, add oil and temper with mustard seeds, asafoetida, red chili powder and curry leaves( i didn’t have curry leaves and i didn’t add)
- When it splutters, add the cooked peas.
- Mix well and add the grated raw mango,grated carrots, coconut and coriander leaves.
- Mix everything well. Switch off the flame. I love to add some grated mango and carrots on the top too while serving.
- If adding onions , just chop them finely add them raw while adding the mangai and carrots.
- You can add chaat masala if you want.