Hope you all had a wonderful Diwali celebrations. We too had a great Diwali and after having all the sweets and oily food for the past few days, we started craving for a simple food and suddenly i thought about this Kollu podi and made the same today. I have heard that Kollu | horse gram is recommended for people who wants to reduce weight .
|KOLLU | HORSE GRAM||1/2 CUP|
|TOOR DAL||2 TBLSP|
|DRY RED CHILLI||2|
|BLACK PEPPER||1 TSP|
|GARLIC||2 PODS (OPTIONAL)|
- Heat a pan and add oil to this. Roast the horse gram | kollu and toor dal to this and nicely roast it without getting burnt. Keep it aside and roast the red chillies, garlic (if using), black pepper, asafoetida in a medium low flame. In the last add salt and switch off the flame.
- Combine the roasted kollu and spice mixture. Allow them to cool completely. Grind it into a fine powder using a mixer.
- When done allow the podi to get cool by spreading this in a plate. After 15 minutes, using a clean dry spoon transfer it to a dry container and store it .
- This can be mixed with hot rice along with few drops of sesame oil.
- Even you can have this with Idli | Dosa too instead of milagai podi.